Can't access googledrive or sign out option from GMAIL account

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 29 days ago • Updated: 2 years and 29 days ago
I just set duckduckgo as default search engine for SAFARI and when I log into my gmail account I can no longer access my googledrive or the sign out option. In fact when I click on the sign out icon or the google apps icon to access the drive, they instantly disappear. The only way I can sign out now is by closing the safari window.

Has anyone had this problem? Is this because of privacy settings of duckduckgo that maybe I need to change to be able to fully utilize all gmail's features?

Thank you for your help

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
The privacy settings in DDG do not affect your browser and using DDG as your search provider doesn't impact your !G accounts.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 29 days ago Link
anonymous
Hi; i actually figured out what the problem was and DDG team may want to look into it to solve it. I started turning my safari extensions off one by one. I left the DDG extension for last. When I turned it off, I was finally able to enter gmail and the drop down apps/sign out menu would not disappear from the screen when pressed on them with my mouse, so my problem disappeared.

I then turned back on the DDG extension and the problem came back, where the drop down apps/sign out menu (on the top right corner) would just disappear when I pressed on them with the mouse.

So I went on to see if the whole DDG extension was causing the problem or only one option within the extension. After unclicking all the options one by one I found out the option "Remove annoying marketing pop ups" was the one causing the problem, so by unblocking that option I can still keep the DDG extension and avoid the problem.

posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 12 days ago Link
x.15a2
Tnx for this info, I'll forward to the Devs.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 12 days ago Link