DDG overrides Google on Safari OSX 10.8.2 & it's driving me crazy.

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 4 years and 11 months ago
How can I make it go away?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Want to add Google is the default in my Safari preferences.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 4 years and 11 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
Unfortunately, Safari makes it very difficult to add/change the search engines -- if the DDG extension is overriding Google, it's because that is the only way we've found to change the search engine within an extension. You remove the extension can try one of the other methods of adding DDG listed here: http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/216447-safari
posted by crazedpsyc 4 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
The last sentence of your reply is garbled. Please tell me how to completely delete DDG from Safari. I had no idea it would be so intrusive. Thanks.
x.15a2
It's not garbled at all, it's a link. Click on it, the instructions then follow the instructions.

Death is conquered though you slumber...seven is the perfect number
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
Thank you but I'm not referring to the link, I'm referring to the sentence:  "You remove the extension can try one of the other methods of adding DDG listed here:"

I followed the link but I didn't see any instructions about deleting DDG from Safari only about how to add it. 

Please tell me how to remove DDG.

crazedpsyc
Oops, sorry -- not sure what happened to my last sentence up there. Have you checked http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/268460-remove-safari-extension ?

My last sentence of the previous reply simply meant to do that ^^ and then you can try one of the other methods to add DDG if you wish. The other methods definitely should not override Google.
posted by crazedpsyc 4 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
bizarre, thank you! Just what I wanted to know. Much appreciated.