what is the best way to keep up with new !bangs?

[Old Forum aleprovencio] anonymous
Created: 4 years and 8 months ago
I've seen some !bangs I asked for being gracefully approved, however I have not seen they being announced anywhere.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

crazedpsyc
If you put your email address in the newbang form, you should get an email when your suggestions are added. That's currently the only way to follow them other than reading the bang list.
posted by crazedpsyc 4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Alright thanks. This way I'd like to propose a feature request of a rss feed or announcements on this forum for new bang additions made by others.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
...and also a mechanism to edit/delete your post when you find out you're stupidly not logged in! :)
posted by [Old Forum aleprovencio] • 4 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
The !bang page is long overdue for a redesign. Your suggestions have been duly noted :) 

-Zac

DuckDuckGo
posted by zac Staff4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Great, thank you Zac!
posted by [Old Forum aleprovencio] • 4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
A RSS feed would be very useful! : D

A more short-term solution would be, to include some of them in the newsletter, or on Twitter. The latter because it's great for such small updates, as long as it's not too often. : )

Of course, when/if possible, it should be available elsewhere than Twitter, too. Otherwise, people are required to accept Twitter's Terms of Service, by visiting the site (I think). That's the reason why you should not include social scripts on your website, if you want to protect users privacy.

Best regards,
Casper Qvortrup

- DuckDuckGo Forum Moderator.
posted by [Old Forum screapdk] • 4 years and 7 months ago Link
x.15a2
I really like Casper's idea of an RSS feed. Given the number of Bangs, maybe a wiki would be in order (WikiBang.org ? ).

posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Personally I'm also bent to RSS. Another good idea is to embed new bang announcements into blog posts, so we can keep up of everything DDG related in one place.
posted by [Old Forum aleprovencio] • 4 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous

I really like Casper's idea of an RSS feed.

All credits goes to aleprovencio (OP)! : )

And yes, it would be great to be able to "keep up with everthing DDG related in one place"!

Best regards,
Casper Qvortrup

- DuckDuckGo Forum Moderator.
posted by [Old Forum screapdk] • 4 years and 7 months ago Link