Why does not searching "duck.co" show official site in top 10 results?

[Old Forum gagmani] anonymous
Created: 5 years and 6 months ago
I searched for duck.co in a cyber cafe.But it was not shown in top ten list.It was not shown even after lot of scrolling.Ideally it should be the first link in the results.Even in Google search it is the first link.On yahoo search it is second link.I wonder why it is not shown in DDG searches.I know I can simply type it in address bar instead of searching for it.The point here is:It is the official forum yet it is not shown in results.

Does DDG still use bing/yahoo for its searches? Now it does not show in searches that it use bing/yahoo services for showing results.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

zac
It's an issue with 2 of our sources and seems to have gotten worse in the past few days so we may end up hard-coding that in. Bing/Yahoo's product called, "BOSS" is still included in our search results. 

-Zac

DuckDuckGo Community Manager
posted by zac Staff5 years and 6 months ago Link
zac
Should be fixed now : ) 

-Zac

anonymous
Currently searching for “duck.co” shows a weird interaction with the “Result URLs above snippet” (
Code:
ai=1
) setting. It doesn’t only ignore the setting, there is an empty space between the title and description, and the title is blue. [http://i.imgur.com/DuxiBb6.png]
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 days ago Link
anonymous
Well done! Tested it just now on my home pc.Thanks for fixing so quickly.
posted by [Old Forum gagmani] • 5 years and 6 months ago Link
zac
No problem--thanks for reporting!

-Zac

anonymous
This problem has reappeared - results in DDG do not show the results in an order similar to the native engine's responses, making it incredibly difficult to find what you are looking for. A search in DDG will place rather low-priority links first while a comparison search in Google will come up with the links you are looking for as the first 4 listings, and this is for major searches like a Fortune 500 company or for search results within the company's site.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 5 months ago Link
ScreapDK
I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Are you still seeing this problem?

Also, do you use any custom settings potentially affecting result, e.g. region. I tried with default settings.
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader3 years and 5 months ago Link
javathunderman
Same here. Running Chrome on Win 8.1 and searching "duck.co" makes the first result this site.
posted by javathunderman Community Leader3 years and 5 months ago Link
anothernewphone
I get it as the top result when I search "duck.co" in DDG via FF.
posted by anothernewphone Staff3 years and 5 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 5 months ago
dressingroom
Thnaks for sharing this information
posted by dressingroom 3 years and 5 months ago Link