how do I get rid on quixey from the search results?

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 5 years and 2 months ago
keeps popping up... dont want it dont need it. how do i make it stop.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

zac
These answers are part of the instant-answers and can only be disabled by disabling all instant answers. You can do that through the Setting menu where it says 0-click box.

Can you let us know which queries are inappropriate Quixey results, though? We are officially announcing this new plugin tomorrow and we weren't able to identify many false positives.

Also, any other feedback on it would be appreciated : )

-Zac

DuckDuckGo Community Manager
posted by zac Staff5 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
Just is another invasive way of tracking... something that duckduckgo is against... if i wanted quixey's results i would go to quixey's site... please just keep it simple... if i search on duckduckgo that is what i want to see the results from.. not others intruding in or being tracked by...
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 2 months ago Link
zac
There is no tracking on DuckDuckGo, even with the instant-answers :) Can you clarify what you mean? If anything, being able to give information like this via the 0-click box is (we think) convenient and a good way to get information without tracking.

To go directly to Quixey's site means you'd be tracked. Getting that information from the 0-click box mean you won't be.

-Zac

DuckDuckGo Community Manager
posted by zac Staff5 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
Quixey is annoying. For instance, if I search 'how to make windows secure' it brings a suggested 'SecurePasswordCreator' app. It might be fine if I was searching for apps but the way it is being shown now is too intrusive and looks like a cheap way for duckduckgo to make a quick buck. The reason I liked duckduckgo was its simplicity and privacy policy. What I'm seeing now is ddg making a step towards becoming bloated which is a huge turn off. I'm actually considering to switching to ixquick
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 2 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
Quixey is not a money maker, nor does it affect privacy in any way, it is simply one of many goodies intended to provide instant answers. Looks like it needs some work for relevancy though, so thanks for the example -- more would be appreciated. 
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
Right now I have it approximately on every search... which is troublesome since I'm not looking for so-called "apps" at all and it takes top spot in the results page. Furthermore all my latest searchs were related with problems with CPAN, and Quixey always found some related "apps", any phone out there supporting Perl out of the box?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I came here looking for the same info.  I searched for "make duckduckgo stop doing an app search" and got an app suggestion.  I search "c# printing using windows default file associations" I get an app suggestion.  "use default print handler windows" - app suggestion.

Almost all of my searches are from a Windows desktop and are not in any way app related, but I always get an app list.  When I look for apps I either search an app store or include the actual keywords that would indicate I want an app, like "app" and "android".

Now I have to turn off 0-Click just to get rid of one annoyance?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 22 days ago Link
zac
We'll look into the reported examples. Thanks for the heads up! The worst thing we can do is show a false-positive, since, it's extremely misleading. 

-Zac

DuckDuckGo
posted by zac Staff5 years and 21 days ago Link
Moollaza
The problem should be fixed now. Apologies for any frustration or inconveniences we may have caused!

Thanks again for the feedback.

--
Zaahir

DuckDuckGo
posted by Moollaza Staff5 years and 16 days ago Link