Is there a way to create a custom bang syntax?

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 5 years and 5 months ago
While I'm writing I often find myself querying the Economist's style guide (found at http://www.economist.com/styleguide/)

Unfortunately, they don't have a search functionality. I could (and have) used search times like

While that works, it's verbose and inconvenient.I'd like to be able to use a customized bang syntax to this (or any) custom url directly.

Does such a thing exist?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

crazedpsyc
No, there is no way to create personal bangs (at least not yet), but you can suggest bangs, especially if they will be useful to others.
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 5 months ago Link
dashesy
I know for exampel there is !wikide to search German Wikipedia, but wouldn't it make more sense to have something like !w!de it is more natural, and easier to remember at least for language combinations.
posted by dashesy 5 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
(this is bizarre being too lazy to log in);
dashesy, !wde exists -- the extra bang doesn't really make sense to me though. :)
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
I think some bangs (like !w for wikipedia) get automatically localized, as I receive the right wikipedia for my language everytime.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 5 months ago Link
zac
Yup, we try to direct the !bangs to any regional versions, if available.       

-Zac

DuckDuckGo
posted by zac Staff5 years and 5 months ago Link