DuckDuckGo for tablets

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 5 years and 3 months ago
Hello, I use duck duck go from my android  tablet. It has chrome browser, and I Miss two things:
  1. There isn't possible to specifiy duckduckgo as search engine.
  2. In the search page, the search text widget should have an clear button. If I write a text to search, and I want to rewrite it, I must delete character by character.
Thanks.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Regarding #1: Android=Google, which means that they will always push uses to use their services and also means that Android devices are constantly feeding the Google data monster.

Death is conquered though you slumber...seven is the perfect number
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader5 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
Aye. I'd recommend Cyanogenmod highly. F-Droid has become a very good package manager and has all that I care for.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
Android is open source, though (mostly) so it should be completely possible to set an alternative default search engine. It just seems like such an obvious need, I'd be surprised if it wasn't done already.

It might be more difficult, but it should also be possible to break it off from Google's contact (Ubuntu can run on Android hardware, is my first thought regarding this).
anonymous
sorry, this was supposed to be in reply to x.15a2 - I forgot to log in.
anonymous
I believe you can install the DuckDuckGo app
posted by [Old Forum omegodriver] • 5 years and 2 months ago Link