Please Add More "Filter by date" Choices

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 8 months and 11 days ago • Updated: 8 months and 11 days ago
Hello.

I've been using DuckDuckGo as my main/default search engine for about two years. Overall, I'm very satisfied and have no plan to return to the big "G".

Thank you for adding "Search by date" options. Regarding these, I humbly request that more choices be added.
Ideally, I'd love to see more open-ended options (such as " x months" that allows the user to fill in any number of months, or "from date x to date y " that allows the user to restrict results to a specified range of dates. Would it, perhaps, be possible to include something along these lines in the search syntax?
Barring that, please add further choices to the drop-down menu (such as "6 months", "1 year", and "2 years").

Thank you!

P.S.
Please let me know via comments if any of this is already possible. Thanks again.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

tagawa
Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. You're right, we added a date filter a while ago but only up to one month. I'll forward your comments, both for open-ended and preset choices, but because of the way our results are sourced, this could be a bigger challenge.
posted by tagawa Staff8 months and 9 days ago Link
anonymous
+1
I searched the duck.co instant answers and forums and found the feature request I also would love.

Duck.co team THANK YOU for adding date filters. A less than one year filter will be VERY helpful for me as a research journalist.
posted by <hidden> • 7 months and 19 days ago Link