Searching a larger net

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 10 months and 17 days ago • Updated: 10 months and 16 days ago
I love Duck Duck Go and what it provides, but I also like what Google provides, too. They have a huge pool to search from, and maybe it's just in my head, but I'm often forced to try Google after not being able to find what I'm looking for on DuckDuckGo.

While the bang utilities are sweet, it doesn't really keep the magic of DuckDuckGo when I just get transferred to Google's site.

I want to stay on DuckDuckGo, and I'm sure other people would agree. That little fella (or fellette?) is darned cute.

I'm not sure if it's illegal or anything, if it's impractical to provide, or if an available API is difficult to manage, but I would love it if I could see serch results from Google through DuckDuckGo, under it's adorable little guise.

I think privacy is great, but all too often does it get in the way of convenience.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Thanks for your feedback. The use of a G API is not on the drawing board for DDG. One thing that we often encourage our users to do is to use the [https://i.snag.gy/xhZ2lY.jpg] button. The cumulative information gathered helps the DDG developers to provide higher quality search results for all users.

Also, you may want to check out DDG's Syntax page, which may help you get results that are more helpful to you.

Thanks
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader10 months and 16 days ago Link