"Your account is not publicly visible yet"

jackspider jackspider
Created: 4 years and 10 months ago
if i see the above, what does it mean? is there a distintion between forum members and others? thanks, jack

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

whardo
it means nobody with a duck duck go account can see your online profile on duck duck go
posted by whardo 4 years and 10 months ago Link
sdougbrown
At the moment if you log out, you'll see that you posted as <anonymous>. If you make your account visible, then it'll allow other forum users to see your account name. :)
posted by sdougbrown 4 years and 10 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 10 months ago
zac
It's been said but I typed all this out in the time it took others to reply :)

In your account settings, there's an option to make your profile public. If you remain private, your posts show up as, "<anonymous>" to people who aren't signed into the platform ( [http://i.imgur.com/zGuGZHc.pngLooks like this] ) and your user page isn't accessible to anyone (even those who are signed in). Here's Getty's profile (I need to update mine)
posted by zac Staff4 years and 10 months ago Link
jackspider
thanks. i get worried about these things ever since i found my username [on a social web site], age etc were visible on the open internet even after i had closed my account [in disgust]. jack
posted by jackspider 4 years and 10 months ago Link