DUCK GO - QUESTION

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 6 years and 9 months ago

I just set DUCK GO as my homepage by dragging the link to my ~ HOME button.  But, if I want to change to another Homepage, how do I do it  ?   There is no info on how to remove it, if you want to !   I'm not that tech minded 

Any advice would B appreciated !   Thanx in advance 4 your help  

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Depending upon the browser you use, you can easily change the homepage in the settings menu specific to that browser.

Alternatively, since you set ddg by dragging the link to the home button, try doing the same for the url you want to have as your new homepage.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 6 years and 9 months ago Link
anonymous

Thanx 4 that, nice n' simple  ! 
anonymous
You didn't say what operating system or browser you're using.

If you're using Firefox, look here.

Chrome, here

Internet Explorer (though I hope you're not using it), here.

Best of luck.
anonymous

Thanx for the info,  I have firefox. now, but used Internet Explorer for ages,  admittedly I  prefer Firefox,
but why do you, particularly, stress ~ Against, using Internet Explorer  ????  I've got
an old comp I use from time to time which still has Internet Explorer, and was going to keep it that way...... but now you've got me wondering ....

dashesy
Internet explorer on an old machine is the worst combination, because you probably are using an old version too. Internet explorer is notorious for vulnerability and zero day exploits, and being used widely is the prime target for all sort of malware. In addition, firefox is much faster, more secure and using the right plugins can enhance your privacy and security. Add-ons such as adblock, and LastPass (or similar) and many more are unavoidable if you care about security and privacy.
posted by dashesy 6 years and 9 months ago Link
anonymous
However unlike chrome and firefox, IE9 doesn't report your browsing habits back to the mothership at google every hour or so.
anonymous
Yes, its mothership is at microsoft.
anonymous
Internet Explorer was terrible. It went so far that the German government told everyone to stop using it. Security flaws, slow, falling behind in standards...
Being a web programmer myself, IE was a pain to program for. Basically no support for HTML5. Limited CSS3. Crazy rendering issues. It was so hard to make an amazing website. I mean, you would finish the website for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari. Works. Then on IE. Doesn't work. Then I would HAVE TO TAKE JUST AS MUCH TIME AS I MADE THE WEBSITE TO MAKE IT LOOK DECENT WITH IE!!!.

But I have to admit IE9 is by far an improvement. So is IE10 (on Windows 8). Pretty fast. Seems secure. Supports some more HTML5. Almost full CSS3 support. 

--
Dumb Search ad-free search engine
posted by [Old Forum sean-anderson] • 6 years and 9 months ago Link