wich one is the best? DDG or :

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 6 years and 4 months ago
what search engine is the most secure/private/dont track etc.with the best user interface/most comfortable etc.
while searching for one i stumbled upon many others,and here are two of them(ixquick,gibiru) and im sure there are many more:

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
I don't know about ixquick, but gibiru just seems to be a (poorly formatted) Google scrubber.
posted by [Old Forum polrbear] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Actually, gibiru just uses google custom search in an iframe, so google can still track you.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
From https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html:
Other Search Engines  

If you care about search privacy, you might also want to check out these other search engines that take it seriously by default.

Each does things a bit differently in terms of privacy and very differently in terms of results. And not all go as far as DuckDuckGo in some aspects. However, none store your personal information by default, which make them all pretty safe in our opinion. 
Scroogle is just a Google-scraper; Ixquick is a meta search engine. Ixquick has native (meta) image and video search, but they miss many of the goodies (like !bang and zero-click info) that DuckDuckGo offers.
posted by [Old Forum mithrandir] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
I use Ixquick sometimes but the formatting is hard to read and has a lot of junk answers/ads.  It provides cached results, which as far as I know, ddg does not, yet cached answers are still hard to read.  So far I like ddg for most things.  I use it for any remotely personal search.  It's given me good results and I trust the privacy rules.  So DDG for sure.

posted by [Old Forum guest] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
iIxquick is terribly desinged and looks like it was made in 2 hours. im not saying i could do better but why are we even wasting are time talking about this when we know DDG id better!

Duckduckgo is the best of course.
posted by JSmith123963 2 years and 11 months ago Link
ddg.ps01
DuckDuckGo is the best but ixquick is good, too. But I don´t know gibiru.
posted by ddg.ps01 2 years and 11 months ago Link