Amelia Earhart Day Logo(July 24th)

[Old Forum zeitgeistt] anonymous
Created: 6 years and 4 months ago
We made this for Amelia Earhart Day which is on July 24th.

Credit: Pchammer & Zeitgeistt

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
That's cool!
posted by [Old Forum cubsfan6] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
That big cloud looks strange.
posted by [Old Forum mrmagical] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
what big cloud?
posted by [Old Forum zeitgeistt] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
I think he thinks the gloss is a cloud. :P...
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
That's awesome, good job zeitgestt and pchammer. A plane in the background would be kind of cool.

~voop556
posted by [Old Forum voop556] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
noted. working on it.
anonymous
I feel it was obviously gloss, not a cloud zeit. Maybe just some work on it, or as suggested, a plane. Great job.

posted by [Old Forum pchammer] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
thank you
anonymous
She was flying East (left on a map). Just so you know, wouldn't want to make the plane fly the opposite way, might get some complaints.

~voop556
anonymous
good pointe
anonymous
I forgot about this, sorry. Here are a couple of ideas, nothing solid yet...

anonymous
If that was animated, it'd look even cooler.
posted by [Old Forum mithrandir] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous

LOL. I thought the same thing Mith. When I posted them I thought, damn, that could be a gif :)
anonymous
how do you think we could make it a gif?
anonymous
Only thing weird about it is the plane going in front of the duck. It probably should go behind or around him (but then he should be moved a bit right.)
anonymous
^Okay, that's incredibly awesome.
anonymous
agreed!
anonymous
04:54 pchammer:

Maybe that logo for Benjamin Franklin's birthday, January 17?

posted by [Old Forum agreenearth] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
That's cool.

~voop556
anonymous
LOL again ^^ like that

NOTE: Just a quick throw together, yes, needs work if staying a gif
anonymous
thats awesome!
anonymous
That's amazing! I love the animation in both (especially the lightning one).
posted by [Old Forum zpeacs] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous

how do you make a gif anamation???

posted by [Old Forum opc411] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Here's a good guide on the topic:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~steve_glimpse/animinst.html

I suggest using the free image editing program GIMP:
http://www.gimp.org/

anonymous
Yep, I use Gimp for most everything. Well, Inkscape and Blender 3-D as well. But mainly Gimp.
anonymous

i figured out if you stare at the lightning logo it will eventually turn into to logos  its pretty cool

posted by [Old Forum opc411] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
What.....?
posted by [Old Forum zpeacs] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous

we could use this on:
national ghost hunting day: September 13th
or Edgar Allan Poes birthday: January 19th
anonymous

What.....?
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps someone has partaken in a bit of the mescaline. :)

we could use this on
Neat idea. I don't think we should use that particular logo at all, or any like it. The manner it which it flashes could easily trigger a seizure - or a series there of - in those whom suffer from epilepsy. They should not have to put themselves at risk to search for information on DDG by way of their disability.

anonymous
If you are so knowledgeable in seizures, then you would know that I don't have 3 flashes per second or any red flashes for that matter except for the two red eyes which is still far under a danger. The scrolling of these boxes to view the thread content, if scrolled quickly is more dangerous than that gif above. The luminescence should be within range as well and even if not, could be toned to a yellow flash instead of white. 

Anyone that sensitive needs a special software then to disable anything on the internet. 

anonymous
If you are so knowledgeable in seizures, then you would know that I don't have 3 flashes per second or any red flashes for that matter except for the two red eyes which is still far under a danger. The scrolling of these boxes to view the thread content, if scrolled quickly is more dangerous than that gif above. The luminescence should be within range as well and even if not, could be toned to a yellow flash instead of white. 

Anyone that sensitive needs a special software then to disable anything on the internet. 

anonymous

I don't have

well, you are one of two people.

u mad bro?
anonymous
OK, troll. I'll bite.

If you are so knowledgeable in seizures, then you would know that I don't have 3 flashes per second or any red flashes for that matter except for the two red eyes which is still far under a danger.

Never said I was "so knowledgeable". Merely stated that it is of concern. That is what a discussion forum is about, we express our concerns in an adult manner without resulting to ad hominem attacks. I also know that averages are not set in stone for every case and there is a high level of volatility in anything related to illness. Furthermore, having been in a car accident several years ago and experiencing a traumatic brain injury, I can tell you that such images do momentarily disorientate and leaves me confused. It is only logical to believe that if my rather trivial response to it is such, that someone with a more delicate illness such as epilepsy would feel greatly more sever effects. What may trigger a synapse to misfire in one is wholly safe for another.

The scrolling of these boxes to view the thread content, if scrolled quickly is more dangerous than that gif above. The luminescence should be within range as well and even if not, could be toned to a yellow flash instead of white. 

I am not an expert so I can not comment to what the effects of browsing a forum would be, I can only offer anecdotes. I do know that users over at THE infamous epilepsy forum "Anonymous" attacked had only minor issues using that platform until it got "raided" and filled with seizure inducing GIFs.

The above example would prove that to not be true. I assumption would be that they disable the usual culprits - scripting, flash, java, etc - or take great caution before proceeding into uncharted waters bu having it reviewed by a close friend or family member first. Just because many of us do not experience its ill effect, does not mean we should not be mindful of those that may.

some considerations:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/
https://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/
anonymous
@Green: I could create a Benny Frank animated. Sure.
anonymous
Why is the earth glossy?
posted by [Old Forum mrmagical] • 6 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Chemtrails.
anonymous
i dont really get why everyone fusses its glossy, appears fine to me.
anonymous
Seriously? Why is the earth glossy? First you throw out about the cloud, when you knew it wasn't a cloud, then this. Do you ever do anything to actually help? Or just make lag comments of other peoples' work?

Lately there has been a lot of rude comments on my work or other people's work and a lot of them, not hard to see there is some jealously running around here as I've never seen a group, especially with guest accounts, going out of their way to take hits at the graphics here.

I do this to help, for fun, I don't get paid for it, nor do I feel the need to keep indulging in the childish bullshit.

I'm done here. I want my account deleted.

anonymous
Come on, Pchammer. Everyone has to take even the most bullshit criticism out there with a grain of salt. If it ain't constructive, move the f*** on. If someone says your art is crap (which is isn't and they haven't) and they don't say "I don't like x because it's y" tell them to kiss your a** and move the f*** on.
anonymous
Other people's criticism means nothing, don't delete your account.

~voop556
anonymous

Other people's criticism means nothing, don't delete your account."
My thoughts precisely.
anonymous
what have i done? I loove your work, and i encourage it. Just ignore them, i think it looks fine. You have been a great help to me, and i could really use your help. Your AMAZING at making graphics, please.
anonymous
I AGREE COMPLETELY!!! PLEASE don't leave, pchammer!!!
anonymous
In order to keep the forum on track to its original goals (promoting and helping DDG), I am locking this topic. If you have any further specific questions related to this topic, please create a new topic.