SoundCoud On DDG

[Old Forum zeitgeistt] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 5 months ago
i  think it would be cool if DDG would use raphosdy, mp3bear, or grooveshark to do this. Type in a song like "get away with murder" and it would come up and you could play it right off the search engine. =) i would use this feature alot.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Google used to do this, but I don't think they do it anymore.

~voop556
posted by [Old Forum voop556] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
Yeah, I was really mad when google dumped this feature.
Just a little thing like the video player would be great!

This reminded me how much I wanted something like "guitar tab for some thing" to search on ultimateguitar.com and list a few of the tabs there. Don't actually show any tabs, just list and link them.
I did notice the top result did go to search results on UG, but I think parsing the results from that page should be fairly easy.
I think there are similar sites that would work for "guitar music" or "banjo tab", etc.
posted by crazedpsyc 7 years and 5 months ago Link
yegg
We have !bangs for tabs, though we could do them in-line like lyrics. The bottleneck is focusing on the scraping, so if anyone wants to work on that just let me know.

Why did Google discontinue the sound thing?

I've thought about it a little via soundcloud.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
This is bizarre, can't bother to log in as I already am logged in in another tab >(

We have !bangs for tabs, though we could do them in-line like lyrics. The bottleneck is focusing on the scraping, so if anyone wants to work on that just let me know.

I'll do some frontend work if you'd like, but unless the backend is django I can't help there.

Does soundcloud already have a music player?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Google did it with Lala.com until Apple bought out Lala and closed them down.
posted by [Old Forum thomas.pelkey] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
yes it was actually pretty great when google did it, although i could have done without the ads
posted by [Old Forum zeitgeistt] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
yes yegg! Please use soundcloud! that would be perfect!
posted by [Old Forum zeitgeistt] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link