Will google maps (or any maps) ever be thrown in zero-click?

[Old Forum gu3miles] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 4 months ago
Obviously if I throw in an address like --

555 N. Wilson St.
Chicago, IL 

I am looking for a map of the place. IDK when zero-click will include a map for obvious geo-specific queries. 

I don't want to say "the way google does it". But. Um. Its damn useful to just throw an address into search and get 1-stop map/directions. I really don't want to !bang google everytime.

Thanks.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
Absolutely, right now at http://duckduckgo.com/?q=555+N.+Wilson+St.Chicago,+IL You'll see I'm actually detecting that it is an address and making the first link a link to the Google map. It would be trivial for me to replace that with the map embed, but I just haven't spent time thinking about the best UX for that. That is, how big? Should it be in the sidebar instead?
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Hey Guys,

I think adding google maps as a 0 click info would be a great feature

as yegg13 is still thinking re UX here is my suggestion

please add google maps 0click !!!

Cheers

Justin
posted by [Old Forum justin.jquery3] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
Good idea. I think we can even make this map bigger...usually when you search for an address you're pretty sure you want a map.
posted by [Old Forum jordan5] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link
yegg
Yeah, perhaps just one big map taking up the whole box?
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
Good idea. I think we can even make this map bigger...usually when you search for an address you're pretty sure you want a map. 
Or... the [webpage of the] place located there.
posted by [Old Forum alexander] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link