How do I add a DDG bot to a phpbb forum?

[Old Forum capitanqueso] anonymous
Created: 3 years, 3 months, and 14 days ago
I really don't know much about bots but google and many others search engines use bots to search a forum but how I allow the access to it, so it can fetch the info

You must be logged in to comment. Please, Log in or Register.
anonymous
There is no direct way to add your website to DuckDuckGo, because DuckDuckGo finds websites automatically.

However, DuckDuckGo is partially powered by Bing, so submitting your website to Bing might help. Also make sure your website can be accessed by search bots through Robots.txt.
posted by [Old Forum agreenearth] • 3 years, 3 months, and 14 days ago Link
anonymous
im not certain of the validity of your claim regarding bing, but the original post is asking how the user can add the ddg search crawler to phpbb forums. In phpbb you can add crawlers and request the seach bot to visit your site for indexing.

@yegg
can you please comment on the bing claim, as well as any possible way to access or request the crawler.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
yegg
Yes, for something like deep crawling a phpbb forum, getting bing to go there would be a good start.
posted by yegg Admin3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
anonymous
is it true that ddg is partially powered by bing ?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
anonymous
Yes, DuckDuckGo does use Bing for searches along with other sources. See the DuckDuckGo FAQ.
posted by [Old Forum agreenearth] • 3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
anonymous
Ok no problem!!! just checked using ":site" and it works, I mean, even when anyone needs to be registered to see some posts the DDG get the results from inside without trouble.
Still don't know what crawler/spider DDG uses but seems to work just fine
posted by [Old Forum capitanqueso] • 3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
anonymous
DuckDuckGo uses the following for search results:
From the FAQ.
posted by [Old Forum agreenearth] • 3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
yegg
Yes, I guess I should add Blekko and Amazon to that as well. Then there are a bunch of one-offs like tagdef, worldweatheronline, etc., but they probably don't rise to inclusion in the FAQ.
posted by yegg Admin3 years, 3 months, and 11 days ago Link
anonymous
has ddg ever looked into open source crawlers ?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 3 years, 3 months, and 12 days ago Link
yegg
Yes, but haven't acted much on it yet.
posted by yegg Admin3 years, 3 months, and 11 days ago Link