Should DuckDuckGo integrate True Knowledge Answer Engine?

[Old Forum eric.leebow] anonymous
Created: 8 years and 1 month ago
Just wondering if you will integrate an answer engine such as True Knowledge in Zero Click Info?
http://www.trueknowledge.com

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
While I can't imagine how it would integrate it, regardless, that would be AWESOME.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 8 years and 1 month ago Link
yegg
I've looked into True Knowledge, and opted for WolframAlpha isntead. TK is pretty slow. That said, if there are particular things you think it can do well, I'm not opposed to it at all.
posted by yegg Staff8 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Well, why not try them both?  It can't hurt to add True Knowledge as well, and didn't know it was slow.   Another one would be Answers.com.
posted by [Old Forum eric.leebow] • 8 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Can integration of TK be reconsidered?

It would be nice if when asking a question such as: "how may yards in a mile?" you get an answer in the zero click box.
posted by [Old Forum sjp602] • 7 years and 8 months ago Link
yegg
I think we can do that via WA. I'll add that to the WA investigation list--any other query examples? 
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 8 months ago Link
yegg
anonymous
Thanks - I didn't realize that WA had that functionality.

The phrase "yards in a mile" also returns the same results on WA.

Other examples would be similar conversion phrases, e.g. "how many ounces in a pound?"

My initial thoughts were that anything ending with a question mark could be queried to a third party site for inclusion in the zero click box; however, this is maybe beyond the realm of a search engine and therefore not in DDG's scope.
posted by [Old Forum sjp602] • 7 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Are you adding each conversion manually?

posted by [Old Forum notriddle] • 7 years and 8 months ago Link
yegg
Not at all -- should be fixed now. WA weirdness...