Zero click info and/or !bang for TV Tropes .org

[Old Forum notriddle] anonymous
Created: 3 years, 3 months, and 16 days ago
"This wiki is a catalog of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction." I know there are hundreds of Wikis for an equally large number of topics (you can't possibly add them all), but this one is quite broad, large, and content-rich. If nothing else, it contains the synopsis and official site for quite a few pieces of fiction not notable enough for Wikipedia.

You must be logged in to comment. Please, Log in or Register.
anonymous
For future reference, the official DDG !Bang submission page is available here and the official DDG Zero-Click submission page (albeit for specific searches only) is available here.
posted by [Old Forum agreenearth] • 3 years, 3 months, and 15 days ago Link
anonymous
Sorry about forgetting the !bang submission page. Unfortunately, I can't use the zero-click page (at least, not without flooding poor Gabriel with automated posts...).

posted by [Old Forum notriddle] • 3 years, 3 months, and 14 days ago Link
anonymous
Unfortunately, I can't do the work myself. But I can certainly try to help:

posted by [Old Forum notriddle] • 3 years, 3 months, and 14 days ago Link
yegg
Looks like a useful wiki! What does your script do exactly? 
posted by yegg Admin3 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago Link
anonymous
You download a page from TV tropes (Save Link As, etc), and pass the filename as the argument. For example, I run it as:

./test.pl FluffyAndMervin.html

It'll produce the metadata I've got it to extract from the page. The "print" statements are right at the end, printing some variables that would be better used elsewhere.
posted by [Old Forum notriddle] • 3 years, 3 months, and 10 days ago Link
yegg
Do they produce a dump of the whole site? 
posted by yegg Admin3 years, 3 months, and 9 days ago Link
anonymous
I don't see a space where they dump the site. The closest thing they provide is an RSS feed of recent changes, so you'll only need to do a complete scan of the whole site once (the rest is incremental).

I'll contact them to see if I'm wrong, or if they'll generate one because I ask nicely.

posted by [Old Forum notriddle] • 3 years, 3 months, and 8 days ago Link