Videos Built in Zero Click Info

[Old Forum eric.leebow] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 5 months ago
What do you think about building videos into Zero Click Info?  For instance, when someone searches for something, popular videos will pop up in the Zero Click Info.  I think some search engines already do this.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
Youtube comes up a decent amount in the SERPs. I've thought about when that happens showing a thumbnail video like they do in Gmail.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
oembed could work. Works for YouTube/Vimeo/the like.
posted by [Old Forum dreamsburnred] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Oh man, PLEASE do OEmbed! That would be AWESOME.

Check out Embed.ly, it's an awesome service. If you don't want to rely on it, they do publish tones of regexs for all the providers they recognize. (Not related to them at all, honest! I just like 'em.)
Replacing Emoji...
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
yegg
Embed.ly is cool. Will give it another look!
anonymous
Definitely keep the YouTube results in the search. That is a really great feature (e.g 
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
yegg
As you can see, I put that in there. I've been getting complaints though, so I'm torn. Apparently it turns people off, though I'm not sure why yet.
yegg
Now I have it set up such that if you search the provider, e.g. 'youtube x' you'll get the embed, but otherwise you'll get a thumbnail on the right if avail.