Search Engine w/ "Imprinted Redundancy" Request...

[Old Forum stringxx] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 10 months ago
Google and Yahoo are starting to censor their search engines and manipulate searches.. China is one example... And there is also a Deal w/ Google and Verizon that would slow down loading of pages..
Not to mention Google is monopolizing on email, maps, phone applications, web browsers..

I just saw the documentary film "Steal This Film" concerning the raid with thepiratebay.org and around (15:47) Frederik Neij mentions. That now the site is impossible to shut down because they have "Imprinted Redundancy" and instead of being offline for a matter of days they are back and running in a few hours.

Steal This Film ((GoogleVideo Link))

http://www.stealthisfilm.com/

Maybe you guys should put together a team to build something with this technology so that it's possible to easily mirror your site and avoid anyone from actually claiming the internet. Search Engines are the gateway to the internet; I feel whoever owns "THE SEARCH ENGINE" can own the internet; and Google is getting up there!!  What will there be next.. a law that only allows limited search engines to be up and running in order to have only one search engine?? Then,, to run any web-page you must apply a form to the government? It's twisted but this might be the future of the web... Search engines are the loophole..

Thanx for hearing me out!!
Christian Rivera

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous

Google and Yahoo are starting to censor their search engines and manipulate searches..
So is Duck Duck Go, results are removed because they are arbitrary considered as spam, this is a form of censorship (that I am quite happy with).

Not to mention Google is monopolizing on email, maps, phone applications, web browsers.
For now, the "only" things Google in monopolizing are the search engine and online advertising markets.

Search Engines are the gateway to the internet; I feel whoever owns "THE SEARCH ENGINE" can own the internet; and Google is getting up there!! 
You are absolutely right, but remember :
- Duck Duck Go pulls data from Yahoo and Bing API
- Duck Duck Go makes use of Google's data to exclude spam sites

Duck Duck Go is more a layer on other search engine results, with information added from crowdsourced sites than a real search engine.

If a site gets suddenly censored and removed from the index of other search engines, it won't appear on DDG either.
posted by [Old Forum eet-fuk] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanx for that,
I guess every search engine needs to pull data from the big guyz until they themselves can grow into "the big boy pants"
ha ha 

But yeah, about this "imprinted redundancy" thing.. I think its a brilliant idea.. But is it real?
I've tried searching about it and found nothing- except my postings..
Would it work on a search engine that searches for web-page link results rather than torrents?
posted by [Old Forum stringxx] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
@stringxx
The reason you found no results for "imprinted redundancy" is that you misheard that guys Swedish accent in the video, where he actually said "we implemented redundancy" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundancy_(computer_science)
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Thank you for sharing this, I've been itching my head on what he actually said...
I'm very grateful you solved this puzzle for all reading this..
Thanx again..
posted by [Old Forum stringxx] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link