Third option in settings for "Zeroclick" and "Meanings"

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 4 months ago
I'd prefer to have both of these settings set to "On" personally, but they take up SO much room - "Meanings" sometimes takes up two page lengths. A "Compact" or "Collapsed" option would be nice.

(or alternatively, styling them with smaller, less "in your face" font-sizes, or having the font-size for these boxes individually configurable under "Look & Feel Settings".. but I think "Collapsed" as an option would be ideal tbh)

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Or just put them on the side, at least the meanings.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Or just put them on the side, at least the meanings.
yegg
Currently working on this, though part of it is understanding how everyone uses them. I feel meanings just may be the wrong term, because they are not just meant as meanings, but for you to actually click on them and get results targeted to that meaning. So really you shouldn't be looking for the "real results," i.e. they are intended to be the results. That said, I take all your points and am exploring other UIs for sure.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Personally, I would love a keyboard shortcut for jumping to web results (M, Dot, Z or something).
Then I would defenitely switch full time.