Favicon in Glims Safari Search Bar

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 4 months ago
If I'm honestly, I don't like your DDG search bar for safari, cause it has a big display bug so the bar itself are cluttered all around the bar.
Instead, I really like Glims and how it replaces Google with DDG in the search field integrated in Safari. What I noticed is, that the Favicon didn't update. Even if I readded DDG to the search engine. I don't know if this belongs to DDG or Glims.

BTW: Still absolutely awesome search engine!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
Thx. I actually didn't make it, but will pass your comments onto the person who did and get the favicon updated. Unfortunately, it is not possible through the Safari extension mechanism to get at that search bar! Go figure :). So Glims may be the better option there, but it is certainly a more complicated (and bloated) install. 

As for the Glims favicon, I'm not sure how they cache. It isn't stored in Glims so when the cache is cleared it should go away.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Hi there, I am the developer of the Safari Extension Search Bar. I would like to help remedy your issue if it is an issue with the Extension. 

I will need more information though about your issue. You say "it has a big display bug so the bar itself are cluttered all around the bar". Can you give me more description about it? Or better yet can you take a screenshot or something? I will try to fix the issue, but cannot without more information. I see no such issue on any of the systems I've tested it on. What version of Safari are you using? Are you on Mac or Windows, and what version? 

Thanks,
Victor
posted by [Old Forum vaporstun] • 7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Hi,
actually, this way looks my DDG Bar^^Not really happy about as you can imagine!

Safari 5.0.1 Mac OS 10.6.4 with latest updates. Perhaps it conflicts with Glims?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Now, the "Guest", me, has finally a user name!
posted by [Old Forum thekingisdead] • 7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Anything new here? Progress? working?
yegg
I'm pretty positive that this is a Glims issue. It is storing it in a cache somewhere that needs to be cleared.
anonymous
Yeah, I also think it's a problem of Glims, but the developer of the DDGBar don't seem to want to fix the display issues^^

Furthermore, I think this problem shouldn't be marked as "solved"
yegg
Well, I thought the glims problem is solved and that was the title of the thread. You can message http://duck.co/user/vaporstun about the safari bar. I know he is actively working on (see http://victorquinn.com/duckduckgo-safari-extension), but he does it in his spare time of course.

I also just noticed it is listed on the safari extensions gallery (http://extensions.apple.com/)!
anonymous
@theKingIsDead: I develop the search bar in my spare time. So my apologies for not being able to offer the most timely response.

Thank you for the screenshot, it looks as though your issue is some kind of global stylesheet or something that is adding a large margin to the search bar. As mentioned above, I also concur that there is probably some conflict with Glims or something. I have tested the extension on 2 computers running 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.1 and 1 computer with 10.6.3 and Safari 5.0 and none of them exhibited the problem in your screenshot.

Anyway, I have just updated the bar to update some of the styles and make it look nicer. Try installing it (click here!) and see if that fixes your issue. If not, I would suggest uninstalling Glims and see if that fixes it. If it still is not fixed, post here again and I will try to get to the bottom of your issue.

Regards,
Victor
posted by [Old Forum vaporstun] • 7 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
thanks,
I had a stylesheet, probably from any Plugin I don't know;-)(It's called "Elements.css", I disabled it, but it still looks the same as before even with the new update!

anonymous
Sorry! I found the problem! In my Safari Preferences, there is an "Elements.css" Stylesheet selected(don't know where it comes from, perhaps from an AdBlocker), I disabled it, but didn't restart safari. After I deselected it, the problem been gone!
Sorry!