Add a Zip.ca bang

[Old Forum pertu8] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 10 months ago
Hi,

I've been using your search engine for a couple days and I'm impressed. I'm a member of Zip.ca and it would be really helpful to have a bang to search their database. 

Zip.ca is a service like netflix, but for Canadians. 

Here is the search syntax on Zip.ca.
http://www.zip.ca/Browse/Search.aspx?s=

Thanks,
Olivier.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
How about a generic !movies bang, one that searches in netflix, but if you're from canada, it searches zip.ca?

Though, that then confuses those who want netflix in Canada, or Tor users leaving a canandian node.. Hm...
Replacing Emoji...
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
I think it's better to have a separate bang for those websites. I believe DDG should add a lot of bangs and each users will remember only the bang they need. 
posted by [Old Forum pertu8] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
yegg
Will add on next update. Are you thinking !zipca?
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks yegg13,

!zipca would be good, but the shortest the better, if !zip is available it would be really great. I tried zip.com, zip.net and zip.org and those domains are not used except for zip.com and there's no search engine on it. It seems there might not be fierce competition for !zip. 
posted by [Old Forum pertu8] • 7 years and 10 months ago Link
yegg
Sorry, this slipped by--adding to bug list.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 7 months ago Link
yegg
This is now live.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks yegg13.

It's working fine.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 7 months ago Link