Welcome to the new DuckDuckGo forum!

zac Staff zac
Created: 5 years and 1 month ago
Thanks for joining the community at our new forum. I'll be updating this post as we tackle some minor bugs and additional features over the coming days/weeks. As always, please help make the platform (and the community) better by getting involved or giving feedback!

Best,

-Zac

DuckDuckGo

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
I'm really excited about all the changes and that finally this site is the central place for all community conversation.
posted by yegg Staff5 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I came to this site because of privacy concerns. When i search for something it is showing up in facebook ads. how do i stop facebook from knowing what i am searching for
posted by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago Link
crazedpsyc
Facebook doesn't know what you are searching for when you use DDG, but when you visit an external site that embeds facebook trackers, it can pick up keywords from that site. DDG can do nothing for you at that point. You should probably look into http://fixtracking.com and get some browser addons to help you.
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Thank you. I'll try that
posted by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago
zac
Yes, you should see them in the thread view at dukgo.com/forum. We're working on showing your activity on your user page if it's public.
posted by zac Staff5 years and 1 month ago Link
crazedpsyc
You don't even have a user page unless you make your account public. That said, another option to just hide activity is worth considering.
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 1 month ago Link
zac
We haven't gotten to the point of assessing the full scope of how it will work but we'd definitely consider that option, yes.
posted by zac Staff5 years and 1 month ago Link