DuckDuckGo Homepage with widgets

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 11 months ago
It would be nice to make DuckDuckGo.com one's homepage, but be able to embed a few widgets for information that is often gathered from the Internet. In my case, for example, I'd like to be able to add a widget for current stock-market quotes for several stocks I own or am interested in, and a weather widget for current weather and 3 or 5 day forecast for my location.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
So, a home page a bit more like my.yahoo.com? I'm sure that some would like that and others wouldn't.

I think that, since DDG is a search engine, the devs would be reluctant to add the overhead (development, resources, support, licensing) needed. Additionally, making this functionality cross-platform\browser compatible would be no easy task.

I'd suggest using add-ons\extensions to your web browser for this type of functionality. I use both customizable stock market and weather add-ons for FF and they work just great.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 11 months ago Link
Upsilon920
Cool! Maybe display the answers from the goodies.
posted by Upsilon920 4 years and 11 months ago Link