Exporting data from DDG's Android app

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 5 months ago
Hi,
I have noticed that I never use the app to perform web search, because it is quite slow and bloated with ads. Since DDG is the default search engine on the browser, which is way more convenient (tabs, bookmarks, history, ad-blocking...), I see no point in using the app for search. Instead, I have only used it as a news aggregator thanks to the "stories" feature.
Now, I have some interesting stories that I had saved and am wondering if there is some way to export them all at once to my computer before I uninstall the app.
Thanks

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
I'm very curious why you find it slow and bloated with ads. We only ever have one ad as opposed to many in other search engines.

Slowness could be a bug of some sort -- what area of the world are you in?

In terms of the stories, unfortunately we have no data export feature right now.
posted by yegg Staff4 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Alright, thanks for answering, yegg.
I was referring to ads on external sites, not DDG, obviously. My phone is not "rooted" and I don't know of any way to block ads that show up while browsing inside the app (i.e. clicking a search result, and then a link on that page, etc...). Ads often take a lot of screen estate and bandwidth on mobile devices and are overall quite annoying. Perhaps "slow" wasn't appropriate. Ads are what bothers me the most.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 5 months ago Link
yegg
Ahh, gotcha! We hadn't considered that, but very interesting data point. Thanks for that.
posted by yegg Staff4 years and 5 months ago Link