No doodle today?

Wolfie006 Wolfie006
Created: 4 years and 8 months ago
I have heard that DuckDuckGo has doodles, like Google.
Today is Thanksgiving, and I saw no doodles.
Why is that?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Yes, DDG does have occasion doodles: https://duck.co/help/features/holiday-lo...

DDG does have a small staff and lots of projects going on so doodles might be a lower priority.
Of course, users are encouraged to post their doodles ideas here (just give enough advanced notice so there's time to complete the doodle).
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 8 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
We also have no mechanism to change the logo based on where the user is in the world. Thanksgiving is only celebrated in the U.S., so putting a turkey dax up worldwide would be weird.
posted by crazedpsyc 4 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
I wondered about that, but since others like August 3, 2012 National Watermelon Day (United States), October 3, 2011 German Unity Day, July 14, 2011 Bastille Day, July 4, 2011 Independence Day (United States), etc, I presumed that was not the case.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 8 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
Fair point. Not really sure where the line is drawn, then.
posted by crazedpsyc 4 years and 8 months ago Link
mwatermelon
It's because we decided not to do nationals specific, religious and politicals logos after those were made.
posted by mwatermelon Staff4 years and 8 months ago Link
Wolfie006
Ok, thanks!
posted by Wolfie006 4 years and 8 months ago Link