Display date

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 1 month ago
I think DDG would be the perfect search engine for me if only the search results showed me the date that each result was last updated. Many times I can eliminate certain search results in google just by their last update date.

Thanks for your consideration. :)

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

zac
Please check out the help pages: https://duck.co/help/features/dates
posted by zac Staff4 years and 1 month ago Link
escrow
I'm surprised not more people requesting this, I use it all the time on Google (but would far prefer it on DuckDuckGo!)

Google have it pretty much right, show only results from last day, week, month, etc.
posted by escrow 2 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
agreed. dunno if it's google has just larger index to draw from but even when using the 'sort by date' feature, ddg displays a whole pages upon pages of much less content. usually about half page or less once i activate the feature.

the feature you wanted is in the dropdown next to the search-glass icon thingy. accompanying the search-box. giving you something like:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Rules+sort:dat...

alternately you could !bang with the google dates search:
dropdown-->alphabetically(click twice in my case)(dropdown should expand even more)-->type googl with dropdown out and focused, should jump to google !bangs. =)

but y'know, when i first saw this posting, i thought you meant to 'display the date' in the search engine or something X)
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
sadly clicking the supposed link of time e.g 6m ago Doesn't return to a narrow down of only 6m ago results..or more/less. it's just an expanded area of the click to the page itself. D=
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link