Adding an avatar on DDG not a Gravatar

ineuw ineuw
Created: 4 years and 6 months ago
How can I add an avatar to be displayed in my forum account and posts? I am not interested in a global avatar.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Upsilon920
Same. I don't want a Gravitar, and I don't want to have to sign up for WordPress. Can't we just have normal uploaded avatars?
posted by Upsilon920 4 years and 6 months ago Link
x.15a2
This was posted shortly after the new forums went online in regards to the same question:

Quote:
We hope to get around to all of these types of things in the near future. Unfortunately, we're a really really small team and the migration off of Zoho and UserVoice is taking most of our resources.

Any open source contributors out there that would like to help with these things, please let us know! open@duckduckgo.com
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 6 months ago Link
getty
Yeah, its on my TODO list pretty high, I will add it very soon, most of elements required are there now. The bigger part of this mission is to offer an (at least) minimal cropping tool for taking the square out of a non square picture. The usage of gravatar was at the beginning just most easy :). I agree that its not the best privacy option and I just can say as usual: so much todo so less time :).
posted by getty 4 years and 6 months ago Link
ScreapDK
Hey @Getty, if it can be of any help you might want to check out this decentralized, self-hosted (optionally) and open source alternative to Gravatar, named Libravatar. I think it might fit well with our OpenID implementation. Does that make any sense? : P
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader4 years and 5 months ago Link
ineuw
Thanks for the link. It's awesome and very helpful, I have some privacy concerns, but then, who doesn't? :-)
posted by ineuw 4 years and 5 months ago Link