[TUTORIAL] How to stay anonymous on Skype

1337 1337
Created: 4 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 7 months ago
Hi,

This tutorial will explain on how to remain 100% anonymous on Skype by hiding your IP.
Since it's quite simple to resolve someone's IP out of skype name.

Okay, first step would be to sign out of skype if you are logged in.

Now find some proxy list which is fresh and up to date.
Example: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

Once you decided which one you gonna use, paste them in here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33446/twitch/sk...

Now Save to Disk>Desktop

Right click it, and select merge

Reload skype.

To verify it worked, sign in, go to Tools> Options> Advanced> Connection
Make sure your settings are like this. (The IP/Port will be different)

Now you will be 100% Anonymous. If your Proxy ever dies, simply right click the file on your desktop > Edit, and find a new proxy.

Any thanks is much appreciated.

Regards
Attached Files: 1
config.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

sec
Hey man, thanks for this, it's really useful. bookmarked.
posted by sec 4 years and 7 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 7 months ago
WSecure
Hello,

sry but this is now a little bit weird...

I did recommend that DDG should include a proxy service to have the possibility to access blocked websites.
The first one who posted in the corresponding thread was you, while saying that there is no need for a proxy and so on.

Now, because I have some sparetime and wanted to look what others did recommend, I see you post here while you "do" recommend to use proxys from which you "never" know who is the owner and what they will do with your data you will give them. And this shall then be 100% anonymous? Please don't forget that the proxy-owner knows your real IP and that Microsoft, who owns now Skype, can anyway read all what you type, look in your face, while you do it and later can give all those informations to the NSA. Dont you think same, "leet"?

For everyone else, we recommend, that you should only use proxys if you did set them up yourself.

Kind regards,

WSecure - We Secure IT
posted by WSecure 4 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks for good advise. It helped me a lot.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 4 months ago Link