Time Range Feature for Search Results

nakecorp nakecorp
Created: 3 years and 9 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 9 months ago
I work online daily and search non-stop and would like to see a feature that allows a person to select a date or time range for the results that show up. Example: Last 30 days, Last 6 months, Last year, etc. A lot of times I'm searching for the most recent data concerning a search. I found this site a few months back and recently read in TechCrunch that you're getting a lot of users migrating from google to duckduckgo. Cheers.

I attached an example screen shot and before you bash it, I understand it looks like Googles feature but how many ways can you really create an original version of something like this. As long as you have the date range option it could look like anything.

Thanks
Attached Files: 1
duckduckgo-idea.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

crazedpsyc
https://duck.co/help/features/dates

It's an oft-requested feature, but not currently possible to implement.
posted by crazedpsyc 3 years and 9 months ago Link
anonymous
ok, so duck's data isn't great for that yet... I'd be interested to know a bit more on why? what's missing? The date feature is one of the few things that drive me back to google..

ps: for those who read this and want a quick work-around:
!gyear, !gmonth etc.. bangs are a handy quick way to get google to do it (:
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 4 months ago Link