Disconnect Vs Ghostery

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 26 days ago • Updated: 4 years and 25 days ago
I saw that Fixtracking.com suggestion removed Ghostery from their page and added Disconnect.
I like Disconnect its easy fast but it was giving me problems on Facebook it doesn't show pictures so it was not rendering it correctly. So i switched to Ghsotery. but Ghsotery is not in the recommended page any more So I wonder why Fixtracking.com removed Ghostery from the suggestion list, is there any security issue with it or what. If any one knows please share!
Thanks!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
I recommend DoNotTrackMe and No-Script. Pretty good combination.
posted by TV 4 years and 25 days ago Link
anonymous
Ya donottrack me is good but they don't support safari on their v3 extension, and I'm a safari user. Plus from my research I saw that disconnect block the most number of trackers over 2000, ghostery blocks 1825 trackers and I trust disconnect more since it's open source but it glitches some times on loading pictures of Facebook but ya all in all it's he best in my opinion
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 25 days ago Link
zac
Great to hear!
posted by zac Staff4 years and 25 days ago Link
zac
We got feedback after v1 of fixtracking.com that people preferred Disconnect and that it seemed to do a better job. Additionally, Ghostery doesn't block by default---it only alerts you to trackers. You need to enable blocking after installing, which was a bit much for people with little technical ability.
posted by zac Staff4 years and 25 days ago Link