Feature Request Scholar Search

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 10 months ago
It would be great if we could get a way to search just scholarly publications, like you can with Google Scholar.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Agreed! But what features could it have different than scholar.google.com? And besides privacy, what else could we get from a duckduck scholar? I for one would at least like to see citation rank ordering for and maybe the citation counts absent of the author's citing themselves.

Plus, the number and variety of results in scholar.google.com are far and away better than those with Bing Scholar so it's hard to switch.

Possibly we should be prepared of google eventually dropping the scholar search business as it is hard to see how they're making any money off it (just like they got rid of their news reader on me years ago and I never recovered from that surprise or forgave them for it.).
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 5 months ago Link
timothy1
my condolences for the news reader.

Back to the topic:
Yes I agree that a literature/academic research/academic publication search option would be very very nice.
Does anyone have a idea what could be used as a source/as sources? How does google do it?
posted by timothy1 2 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
I think the whole point is 'privacy' and not being tracked. This is why people are moving to DuckDuck. So the more features offered, such as a Scholar search, the better...
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link