duckduckgo partly unresponsive

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 8 months ago
Hello,
I'm in Japan and since a couple of days the duckduckgo search engine is literally unreachable for me, which makes it unusable for me.
Basically I'm using FF on Mac, but it shows same behaviour with other browsers.
Any idea?
thanks
Q

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
What do you mean it's "unreachable" ? You are not able to connect? You have technical problems to set it up as home page or ... ?

Regards
posted by TV 4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Meanwhile it looks to me like a FF problem. Last time I tried with other browsers, the page came up extremly slow and not at all in FF. Today I tried again with several different browsers (Safari, iCab, Opera) and the page and results came up instantly, but in FF neither the search box produces results nor they page comes up, if I enter directly the address.
best
quwax
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
LOL, all the sudden it works again … funny
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 8 months ago Link
TV
I am glad it does!
posted by TV 4 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
I know that, in the past, users in the Pacific region have reported slow or no connections at times. I believe that this was in Australia. One or more of the leased servers must be having issues.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 8 months ago Link
jaryd
Hi Q,

Sorry to hear that. I checked our response time graphs for our server in the Asia Pacific region, and it seems pretty static. The checks originate from Japan so I would expect the results be comparable to what you would experience. Is it still slow for you?

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wf3m5rjwcqkeeo/Screenshot%202014-02-06%2017.29.37.png]

Best,
Jaryd
posted by jaryd Staff4 years and 8 months ago Link