Does the xmpp log conversations?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 5 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 5 years and 1 month ago
Does the xmpp log conversations or is it completely anonymous?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

crazedpsyc
If you are offline and someone sends you a message, that message is stored for the next time you connect. Other than that, everything is completely anonymous. Even that message store is only related to your account-- there is no way to find your IP address from there.
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 1 month ago Link
ScreapDK
Thanks for clarification! : ) I was a little curious, too! : ) What about sent (and successfully received) messages? They're (optionally) saved/logged only client-site, right? : )
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader5 years and 1 month ago Link
ScreapDK
Whoops, forgot this: Would it be an idea to add it to the Help-section? : )
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader5 years and 1 month ago Link
TV
Its been said here.

Quote:
Why should I use XMPP?

You may already be using DuckDuckGo for its privacy. In the world of messaging, most companies have full access to the messages you send. XMPP makes it possible for us to keep your chats anonymous and secure because no central company controls the servers, everyone has their own, and our XMPP server follows the same privacy policy as our search engine. This means that your communication is secure and will not be logged or tracked.
posted by TV 5 years and 1 month ago Link
TV
XMPP conversations are completely anonymous as DuckDuckGo search engine.
posted by TV 5 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
NOT "completely" secure:

https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=dukgo...

I just tried it and TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are still not supported!
So while it is encrypted, the current encryption in use is bad.

hope this gets fixed soon / clarifications?
posted by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago Link