I'd like an easy (checkbox?) per-search query option to limit the results that I see, to those sites that will respond to the query over SSL.
- I search for some query like "query I'd prefer NSA wasn't monitoring"
- I get the standard list of search results for all sites matching the query
- Somewhere on the search results page - eg under teh More / Privacy "menu" - I get an option to "Limit to HTTPS sites"
- If I select the option, the search page refreshes, and only contains links to sites that will answer the query using https
- If selected, all subsequent search result pages (scrolling down etc) will only be https links that are known to be encrypted. This means not simply trying "https", but actively filtering out results that aren't actually known to honour https. There are plenty sites that will "accept" a https URL, but redirect to a http URL.