Boolean Search Terms Quick Reference Key

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 10 months ago
This user account has been deleted.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
Hello darkhorse30, I totally agree with you, many people because of lack of knowledge simply dont reach what they are searching for.

I think this...
Quote:
Basically I think people need some type of quick reference key dropdown to educate them on how to really find what they are looking for, otherwise most people just type it in the box, hit enter, and hope for the best

...is great idea, but search result page would be saturated with stuff so alternative solution would be micro site like donttrack.us with short guide on how to search more efficient.
posted by TV 4 years and 10 months ago Link
x.15a2
I agree that finding more advanced search syntax would be helpful for DDG users. I know that the Devs are working on some page redesigns, maybe they will consider adding some type of function for more ready access to this information.

In the mean-time, hopefully this page will be of help to you: https://duck.co/help/results/syntax

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 10 months ago Link
MildMallard
Boolean operators could be accessible from the DuckDuckGo Plus extension.
posted by MildMallard 4 years and 10 months ago Link