I've made an exception on adblock for duckduckgo.com, but I still get the message to do it

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 3 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 3 months ago
Hi all,

From time to time, I get the message to add an exception to adblock plus on duckduckgo.com despite I've made it long ago.

Here is the screenshot.

Regards.
Attached Files: 1
Captura de pantalla de 2014-03-07 04:35:11.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Unfortunately, I think that you will need to contact adblock support\community for help resolving this issue as they are the ones that can control this.

Some time ago, I switched from adblock plus to Adblock Edge and it works fine with my DDG exception.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 3 months ago Link
Aramith
Slightly off topic...
You do know that Ad Block Plus has sold out by allowing what they call "unobtrusive ads"
Basically it seems if you throw enough money at the developers of Adblock they will show whatever advert you want.

Try Adblock Edge instead, Adblock Edge is a fork of the Adblock Plus version 2.1.2 extension for blocking advertisements on the web.
Keeping true to the original ideal of blocking ALL ads.
posted by Aramith 4 years and 3 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 3 months ago
anonymous
The issue is not that it's showing unobtrusive ads. The issue is that this system effectively makes adblock automatically allow ads based on whether that company has thrown money in its direction. If you look at the default white list.... mostly google. Essentially, Adblock Plus has turned to cartel status to solicit funds that should not be theirs.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
And to further clarify, these ads are also tracking your behavior. So.... as a 'privacy-concious' DDG user, sure you'd be against that?
Aramith
No worries, I understand as I too allow ads on some sites.
But they are sites where I decide the content, not some two faced developer with a fat wallet.
posted by Aramith 4 years and 3 months ago Link
TV
Why are you dealing with Adblocker anyways? you can turn off ads in settings http://ddg.gg/settings
posted by TV 4 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
I wasn't aware that DuckDuckGo's settings could turn off the entire Internet's use of ads.
TV
It doesn't. You turn off only DDG's ads.
anonymous
TV