Instant Answers are bad because I'm not a keyword magician

toothy557 toothy557
Created: 4 years and 4 months ago
So suck it! The keywords I choose arise from my situation and context. Well... meh. That sounds very Steven Pinker.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
Try using http://ddg.gg/goodies more often and you will get use to it :)
posted by TV 4 years and 4 months ago Link
x.15a2
So, any constructive suggestions as to how Instant Answers could be easier for you (and others) to access?

Instant Answers and !bangs are very powerful tools on DDG and making them more accessible to all is a goal of the developers. Please share your thoughts on making them more helpful and less frustrating for you.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 4 months ago Link
toothy557
You MIT dinks hardly deserve to be running your show. Instant Answers are not frustrating to me. I'm usually oblivious to them and rarely happen to have the patience to minesweep for them. The goodies page is of no help because it's far easier to hit a few buttons on my calculator and do it myself (For small calculations which the Instant Answers intend to answer) rather than hunt down your eccentric, personalized mnemomics.
posted by toothy557 4 years and 4 months ago Link
x.15a2
OK, that's fair-Instant Answers aren't for you. No problem.

That being the case, I'm not sure why you decide to go into attack mode when we are simply attempting to provide help to you and to others that visit these forums. Please be respectful of other on these forums, even those that you may disagree with.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 4 months ago Link
buckeye
Whats eccentric about typing days between 01/31/2000 01/31/2001 or
alternative to notepad or how to mix a tom collins ? those seem pretty much common and not personalized.
posted by buckeye 4 years and 4 months ago Link