Change in I'm Feeling Ducky syntax

lewisje lewisje
Created: 5 years and 1 month ago
When I first set up custom search engine plugins for Firefox and Internet Explorer a couple months ago, I looked up the syntax for "TopResultURLFallback" (known to Google as I'm Feeling Lucky and to DuckDuckGo as I'm Feeling Ducky), and the Help article at the time said it's triggered by typing ! followed by a space and then your search terms, but now it says it's triggered by typing \ followed by your search terms; I tested and the first method still works, but for how much longer will it work? Should I go ahead and change the plugins, or will !-space-terms continue to work for the foreseeable future?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

crazedpsyc
"! " will continue to work unless there are issues, \ is just much easier to type (if you're actually typing it). They've both been available all this time.
posted by crazedpsyc 5 years and 1 month ago Link
dashesy
I use \ most of the time
posted by dashesy 5 years and 1 month ago Link
dashesy
Cool new forum, never seen anything like it with thsi style of nesting!
posted by dashesy 5 years and 1 month ago Link
zac
posted by zac Staff5 years and 1 month ago Link