Ability for users to delete their own translation

jamcat22 Translation Manager jamcat22
Created: 4 years and 5 months ago
Could you add a feature on Duck.co's translation platform where a user can delete their own translation (not someone elses) if they have no checkmarks? This would be nice for people that accidently put the wrong language for a translation or leave something out. That way they could delete the translation if it hasn't been marked as correct and make a new one without having to wait for a translation manager to invalidate the translation.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Choca
Good idea
posted by Choca 4 years and 5 months ago Link
preemeijer
I can change my own translations but I don't know if this has anything to do with my account.

If you did it completely wrong then you are right, but if you want to add something or remove something from your translation, just go to the translation and hit the "Add your own translation" button.
At Singular you should see your own translation and you could change the translation.
It changes when you Submit Translations.

Again, I don't know if everyone can do this.
posted by preemeijer Community Leader4 years and 5 months ago Link
clel
I think I remember that I experienced the same, when originally trying to submit a second proposal and my previous proposal got deleted. Maybe this could be a bit improved.
posted by clel 4 years and 5 months ago Link
jamcat22
You can correct a translation, but you cannot delete it. This is problematic for people who accidently posted on the wrong language page as I am seeing a lot of recently (I'm a translation manager). It seems like someone should be able to delete their own translation (only if it has 0 checkmarks so that someone doesn't delete a correct or inuse translation) without having to wait for a manager or admin to mark it as invalid.
posted by jamcat22 Translation Manager4 years and 5 months ago Link
clel
Yes, I am aware of this. The thing, I wanted to say is that one is not able to hand in more than one translation for a string, because the previous one gets deleted then.
posted by clel 4 years and 5 months ago Link
adr.b
Hi!
I am a very recent user of DuckDuckGo and was trying to help out in the translation area but accidentally hit the send button before I could put the place holder in the translated sentence. The translation was marked as invalid and when I tried to correct/delete it I realised all I could do was post a new one.
The incorrect version is still there (but marked as invalid and cannot be voted on). Is there any way to delete it? Will a manager take care of it?
Thank you in advance.
posted by adr.b 2 years and 23 days ago Link
preemeijer
Hello,

Unfortunately this is not an option for a translation manager. The only thing that can be done is set the token to invalid.

Cheers, Paul
posted by preemeijer Community Leader2 years and 16 days ago Link
dd721411
I remember that I could delete my own translations with my old account. However, I can no longer do that after I changed to my current account. Sometimes it's annoying when I hit ENTER button then I realize that I've made a mistake in pronunciation, punctuation and/or forgot a placeholder etc.
posted by dd721411 2 years and 15 days ago Link