Image Search at next.duckduckgo

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 4 years and 1 month ago
Hi

I like the bang !i for image search. For one, it appears to go to Google which is only partially good.

I went to https://next.duckduckgo.com/?q=images+of... and got some nice results but …

Let me user decide what resulting sizes such as S,M,L,XL,XXL,Giga options could be incorporated or a user defined pixel dimension.

Hope this helps deliver a better image results.

PS I use google images frequently and use the size feature quite a bit.

I might also propose searching images with a domain.

Also, how about offering users some curated image libraries. This could really make image searches much less flat.

Again, hope this helps.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Thanks, I know that the devs appreciate this type of input. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a first release and the product will continue to mature as time goes on. Thanks again for the input.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Yes, I completely understand.

I am not sure if you are a developer on DDG or not but something else came to mind. If possible, it would be huge to see a pie-chart representing the ratio of sizes per domain. I think this might be too complex to do but perhaps other meta data that can be captured that might fit the model of a pie chart or other chart might facilitate narrowing results.

Love DDG, keep up the good work!
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link
jwalantsoneji
Well, can we get image count of the results as well?
As of now, it says 35 images and shows more when you click More... count of total images in that result will help...
Yeah, a search dedicated to images would be awesome!
posted by jwalantsoneji 4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Sorry, I don't know if is correct to reply directly to your question, but I have a request for the Image Search that can be added to your feature list.
I like a lot the images results how they are represented, but for the usability IMHO can be improved.
I propose to add an horizontal scrolling area on the images/video results with the mouse wheel. This will be a fantastic improvement of the usability, no mouse click any more. What surprised me is that with the current implementation when I was looking the picture I must press the > arrow on the right, but when there are no more results the latest click opens the link
unintentionally. Thank you.
x.15a2
Of course, you can reply directly to any of us! We love the input, but for and against as it helps develop a better web site for all.

First, wow! I never noticed that about the final picture. Of course, this happens because the arrow disappears and there's no padding (the there is in front of the first image). Thanks for pointing this out. I'll make it a point to show this to the devs for their input.

I think I like your scrolling idea, would like to hear input from other users. For me, I like to click on the Click To Expand on the right side, but I do like the thought of using the mouse wheel.

Thanks for the input!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
thank you for the fast reply. Yes, having both the ClickToExpand the wheel feature would be optimum. Keep me informed of the devs input.
clel
I agree to the mouse wheel idea, since it makes fast search much easier. I hope the performance it good enough to allow this.
posted by clel 4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I like the mouse wheel idea too. It would be great for the news section too!