Blinders, is it still relevant ?

bawldiggle bawldiggle
Created: 4 years and 12 days ago • Updated: 4 years and 11 days ago
I have been using DDG since 2011 (or maybe earlier), when there was no forum, just emails.

Is Blinders still relevant ?
- it sometimes draws a single blank and occasionally (rarely) a double blank. But that is OK with me.

I use DDG for technical research -- virtually eliminates the buy-me buy-me crud
And StartPage for shopping and on the extremely rare occasions when DDG is blank.

No complaints about DDG in any way. I do not want DDG to mimic google. Google has been relegated to the last item in SearchEngines.
I really detest G's geographical-bubble, when there is the entire planet out "there"

I am glad to help with next-duck ... it is on my PaleMoon toolbar as the research search-engine (along with old-duck + blind-duck)

Gotta have fun with abbreviations >:D

-----
EDIT
-----
Just found one of my old threads https://duck.co/forum/thread/2289/new-dd... ... on the old DDG forum
- how come I had to rejoin this new forum ?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
Blinders is not relevant right now, but it will get a reboot at some point in the future, and at that point we'll let the community know.
posted by yegg Staff4 years and 10 days ago Link
bawldiggle
Thank you
posted by bawldiggle 3 years and 11 months ago Link
Qqwy
This is the first time I've heard of Blinders. Could someone tell me where I can find more information about it?
posted by Qqwy 3 years and 11 months ago Link
x.15a2
It is (was... will be...) a method of testing\reporting on DDG search results. The page has 2 parallel results columns which the user can review and select the set of results with the most relevant results.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 11 months ago Link