piece of ##### google

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 5 months ago
love duckduckgo, but google keeps overwritten it and become my homepage, not listed on programs either in program files or in the control panel for removal. tried to block it on my firewall, used jrt, spyhunter 4 and finall regedit to to remove anything that relate to google. i was told that they are very sneaky, if i was a rich person i would sue the crap out of them for invasion of privacy

any help out there leftylouie

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
It depends on which browser you are using, but most have add-ons which prevent\alert if the home page is being changed.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 6 months ago Link
Aramith
Winpatrol has always alerted me at any attempts to change my homepage.
Give it a go as it has a free version.

I read somewhere that Google somehow replaces a deleted cookie in your PC every 5 minutes, so matter if you delete all your cookies and you don't go to Google they somehow still manage to place a tracker on you.
I have had many sleeps since I read this so I cannot provide a link or substantiating evidence, but I'm sure it's true.
posted by Aramith 4 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
If the situation is really so - it freaks me out! But I believe something like this really exists, as I also noticed a kind of "haunting" of previous sites, even with cleared cookies.
That's why I prefer seo services russia on Yandex, it's more loyal.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 5 months ago Link
lazercroc
Wow, that must be really annoying.
posted by lazercroc 4 years and 6 months ago Link
clel
I do not think that Google does that. Mostly it is some adware that is installed. Try to run AdwCleaner. Maybe that helps.
posted by clel 4 years and 5 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 5 months ago