Auto suggestions should be case-sensitive

clel clel
Created: 4 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 6 months ago
I would like the auto suggestions to be case-sensitive. In German that makes a big difference in the appearance, although it is only a style thing and I don't know, whether this is possible.

I also already wrote that pressing the up key to go back to the original phrase does not bring the phrase back, but uses the last one. Unfortunately I did not get a reply, whether this will be fixed.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Thanks @clel,
Your input is appreciated. As you can imagine with a release like this it's hard to keep up with all of the comments and suggestions, but each on is appreciated. I'll make sure that this gets to the Developers for their review!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
Not wanting to be harsh, but maybe should next have waited a little bit more before being released ; there were already a good number of unprocessed/answered comments/suggestions.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 6 months ago Link
x.15a2
Maybe, but that's the nature of software development. Item's get prioritized and some that are not deemed to be "show-stoppers" are not addressed before the release. It's simply not possible to address all issues or satisfy everyone's needs and at some point the product needs to be released. Rest assured that there will continue to be new features\functions as well as code corrects, just as there were with the previous version.

Thanks for your input!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 6 months ago Link
clel
No problem. I thought the same and therefore opened this new thread to address this particular issues.

Also another bug I already commented:
I noticed that on the main site one cannot enter text when clicking the area just left to the search sign (about 2 cm long). The cursor changes in that area from a text highlighting one to normal. Clicking that area does not do anything, but highlighting the search field.
posted by clel 4 years and 6 months ago Link