Ugly Duck

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 22 days ago • Updated: 4 years and 22 days ago
Hey now I hope that everybody here is open minded enough to not hate me for this but first let me start by saying that I LOVE DuckDuckGo and I want this search engine to make it REALLY big BIGGER than that other one that tracks everything about you. Now after sucking up a bit when I go to the DDG homepage I have to look at this ugly and frankly stupid looking duck thing. DDG is better than that ugly thing. DDG has a beautiful design but the logo is just rubbish. Please DDG can't we do better than that? I mean he has one little hair sticking up like Alfalfa from The Little Rascals and a bow tie? Really a freaking bow tie?

IN LOVE I PROMISE, greenman.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Mallart
Would you prefer a regular tie? Btw I believe that's two feathers not 'one little hair'.

Being on topic. I very much like the current DDG mascot as in my opinion it gives off a warm and friendly vibe.
posted by Mallart 4 years and 22 days ago Link
x.15a2
That's cool, it's a matter of taste. Personally, I like Dax and find him to be fun, especially on special days when the designer play dress a duck with him. FYI, the Dax logo was updated for the new version of DDG. The changes are subtle, but it is a bit cleaned up.

One work around is to simply by-pass the DDG home page. If you search from the DDG add-on\extension or if you have your address bar configured to do double-duty as you search, you'll go directly to the DDG results page, where you'll see a much smaller (and potentially less annoying) version of Dax.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 22 days ago Link
Aramith
"frankly stupid looking duck thing" ??
How very dare you, Dax is one cool and handsome duck.
I mean look at him <<<< he's wearing ray-ban's.
posted by Aramith 4 years and 21 days ago Link
anonymous
The Doctor says "bow ties are cool".
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 19 days ago Link
Maui
Since the company is doing amazing things it will get bought anyway and the logo will change then.
posted by Maui 4 years and 18 days ago Link
severuscold
I like Dax just the way it is. Simple , geeky and friendly.
posted by severuscold Translation Manager4 years and 16 days ago Link
anonymous
the simpler the better thats good ..............
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 16 days ago Link