Browser

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 7 months ago
Why is it that when you type a subject in your browser, they keep showing american sites, where I would like to see UK sites as I live here.

Thanks

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
A point of clarification: DDG is a search provider and not a browser. A browser is the program\app like FireFox, IE, Chrome, etc. that you use to connect to web sites like DDG.

Regarding your search results, do you see any improvement by setting your region to United Kingdom? I did an over simplistic test, comparing UK region setting to None (default) and search for biscuits (as stated, overly simplistic) and the results were completely different. If you are not getting similar results can you please provide sample searches so the Devs can give it a look?

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks for the reply. I have DDG within FireFox and before I added DDG my search results mainly comprised of uk sites first. How can I set my region now that DDG has been added to FireFox?

Thanks
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Hi, Forget my last reply, I have just found how to alter my region.

Thanks again
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link