Map search is not useful

dashesy dashesy
Created: 4 years and 4 months ago
After using the new interface for a while here is my 2 cents:

1- When a map is shown, I'd rather when I click to get a full page (may want to get directions). Now it could zoom in with mouse in that small window and not let me go back!
2- The dark terminal theme, when I click anywhwere in the url edit box it blinks, which is disturbing because I may be double clicking a word to select it.
3- The fact that url edit box stays on top is IMO not a good decision, it is much easier to always have it

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
1- I agree, maybe having also a little link to the full Openstreetmap page would be useful to have more options.
2- I don't understand and can't reproduce the problem, here the blink is just an estethical thing.
3- You can edit the header behaviour in your settings.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 4 months ago Link
dashesy
Thanks for the answers, that is great to have that option in settings BTW.
In the dark terminal theme, everything is dark (kind of obvious :) so those blinks become much more accentuated. Lets say I search this then I want to select and copy `HttpResponse` by double clicking it inside the search url bar, the double click results in 2 blinks of the bounding box, the word `HttpResponse` is short, but the box is large and its blink becomes too obvious.
posted by dashesy 4 years and 4 months ago Link
dashesy
the url I added was missed: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=django+HttpRes...
posted by dashesy 4 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Oh ok, I see now.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 4 months ago Link