search results in new tab - how?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 7 months ago
Hi!

It's a long time i'm using ddg as main search engine (together with ixquick). Since recent, ddg seems improved a lot to me, so i'd like to tweak it a bit to my needs: One point is, to have opened search results *ALWAYS* (and by default) in new tabs. I do not see, how to do this in ddg.

Sure there is always the CTRL+mouseclick (or rightclick) option. But sometimes i forget, and because of my browser settings (for privacy) after following a link *IN* the search result, i'll loose the results page.

And yes, i set the "about:config" -> browser.search.openinnewtab to true ;-)

The browsers i use are Firefox/Iceweasel and Midori.

Thanks in advance for any pointer!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Go in settings and set "New Window" to ON.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link
preemeijer
Goodday,

Just how I resolved this problem a long time ago and still using it every single day:
I always use my third mouse button (the scroll wheel) to open a link in a new tab.
This is very handy because I almost always have the scroll wheel at my fingertip to search through the results. Almost every mouse got this and I use it on every Windows and Linux system (within a GUI of course).

Regards
posted by preemeijer Community Leader3 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
This user account has been deleted.
anonymous
I would use keyboard shortcuts.

Arrow to the results and then hit: Ctrl/Cmd + Enter

Also maybe remove the pop-up blocker and use keyboard shortcut: v

However that is just me I guess. :)
anonymous