To increase use of DuckDuckGo, other features will be needed beyond search

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 2 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 2 months ago
Having to switch continuously between searching (DDG) and email (or other applications) is rather annoying. In my opinion it would be very handy to also have (privacy protected) email on DDG.
Other often used features might be considered too (maps, translations, ...). Of course this would be a very ambitious undertaking.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Email has been discussed many times on these forums, here's DDG's stand on this topic: https://duck.co/help/features/email

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 2 months ago Link
Joe.Koenig
Hells no. The "new and improved" interface is sluggish and the search results are lacking. Give them time to breathe. Once they manage to get the basics straight, we can talk add-ons.

I'm just afraid, that day will never come. Such a promising initiative ... and now this.
posted by Joe.Koenig 4 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
Actually, the new interface looks great!
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 2 months ago Link
severuscold
I agree, the new interface looks great.
posted by severuscold Translation Manager4 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
This user account has been deleted.
anonymous
Joe.Koenig
> "Zero knowledge service, 3 factor authentication (yes 3), yubikey integration"

Am I supposed to understand a single word you just wrote?

I guess I'm just getting old. However: It's just email, dude. It bears no significance regarding the primary purpose of a search engine. Retrieving valid search results, that is. A task at which DDG continues to fail miserably.
anonymous
Joe.Koenig
Thanks for the explanation.